Saturday, November 24, 2007

Ping Shan Heritage Trail

It's been so long since I've been to the Yuen Long area, well, I rarely go there anyway (3 times since I've gotten to Hong Kong). This time, I went with my class, when I heard the words "Ping Shan Heritage Trail (屏山文物徑)" a month ago, I thought we were going hiking.


The Trip
Finally, at 9:00 we left in a coach (with a tour guide hired by our school) and headed for Tin Shui Wai. We passed Ting Kau Bridge (汀九橋) via Tsing Yi Island and arrived at Ping Shan. The whole village was quiet and as we got off, the village was suddenly deafening. We did cause trouble, but we also helped (a lot), there was a little shop run by villagers and they just opened, after 3 minutes, sold out. They were amazed and thanked us. The village had a lot of temples and other historical buildings but it was still boring. As we were leaving, the tour guide told us about their water supply (see picture) which was very vulnerable to diseases (I wouldn't want to live there). Well, I have to admit, transportation there is state-of-the-art, buses to many places and two train stations.

BBQ
After that we went to a BBQ, but it was a disaster, nobody was full because we didn't have patience. One person from another class didn't know how to cook food over a grill, so he ate a chicken wing with blood (UGH!!!). I think I've written enough.....

No comments: