Sunday, November 11, 2007

Let's take the MTR

On December 2, Hong Kong will say goodbye to the century-old KCRC. The two railway companies in HK will merge and become 港鐵路公司 (literal translation: "Kong Railway Corporation"), but in english, the name will still stay the same, MTR. All passengers in Hong Kong will benefit from it, when assuming that a adult passenger takes the train around 20 km every day, they'll save up to HK$100 (US$13) in a year. Still, it's a shame to see KCR's history vanish in thin air, only to save a few dollars everyday. Mong Kok KCR Station will also have a name change, after 2 December, it will be Mong Kok East (旺角東). Below are also some "before and after" photos of KCR made by me and from BVEHK.net.

Don't play with your food MTR

KCR Light Rail renovation

Even the news channel logo (Newsline Express) needs to be changed

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice looking page. I never have been to hong kong but I have heard nice things about it. I found your site to be very informative, giving details on how to travel around. You are right, public transportation is the better way to travel. I myself use the bus system in the states and find that it saves me lots of money.Your site looks very professional. The only section that may need some attention is the navigation boxes, plus its not balanced. Nice job.