Wednesday, December 27, 2006

No Internet Due To Earthquake

I can't type for long, the internet connection is very unstable (Most of the time, the web browser page looks like the image above, sorry, no image currently available, cannot upload). The unstable internet began this morning, I could still access Gmail, but, suddenly, Gmail couldn't detect any internet connection. I looked at the modem, it was working fine, no Alarm signal was on. The only lights on were link, act, power, and line. I tried to access Windows Live Messenger (MSN), no connection, they detected something was wrong with my Key Ports.
Why did this happen? What's happening NOW?
Due to the Taiwan Earthquake, some underwater internet lines got damaged. Now Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, even San Fransisco and the coast of California is getting either unstable or no internet connection. We are lucky, we at least have internet, but it's very slow and unstable. I can rarely access overseas websites. Currently, major internet providers are working together to fix the underwater wires. The problem is it's going to last for a few days, so my blog is not going to be updated for a few days. I can access most HK websites, some overseas, unfortunately, I cannot send email. I've got to go, bandwidth is a precious resource.

No comments: